Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Opening of Key Club at OSC




Today the 24th of February 2011, the official opening ceremony of Sri Lanka's first key club took place at OSC in the secondary SMPR. The anointing of the president, vice president, secretary, treasurer and board of directors was amongst the highlights of the evening.


  • President: Damien Martin
  • Vice President: Harini Liyanage
  • Secretary: Annie Gillstedt 
  • Treasurer: Terunaga Tamura




The Key Club is a part of the "Kiwanis Club International". Key Club is the high school  leadership program initiated for students. Its purpose is to provide service, build character and develop leadership skills in students.

Board of Directors


  • Hee Soo
  • Maheshi 
  • Sandushi,
  • Keisha


We were accompanied by Mr. Trevor Rajarathnam, Daya Ratnayake, Mrs Williams, Mr Coles and Ms Shameela in the ceremony. The installation of the individual positions as president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer were carried out my Mr. Daya Rathnayake. The badge of presidency was presented by Mr. Daya Rathnayake himself to the elected president (Damien Martin). Badges of the secretary, vice, and treasurer was then presented by the new president of the club himself. 


I was appointed as a member of the board of directors in the club. My duties are to provide a full monthly summary of the service project which I am in charge of at meetings held each month. Not only am I to limit myself to the sunflower project but work collaboratively with other service projects when in need. We as the board of directors hold a great responsibility to the club and its members as we are the providers of reports and summaries of different service projects when asked upon. This this opportunity as a board member will entitle me with responsibilities which I am willing to address with my full potential. This will enable me to better understand the importance of such a post, undertake new challenges, and develop new skills during the course of my service.
www.keyclub.org

No comments:

Post a Comment